Current version: 1.0
- Changed the default skin to something cleaner that uses text-based tab widget instead of icons. You can still use the old skin by downloading "Classic UberMusic Skin" from the Android Market (link)
- Added a live wallpaper that will show album art from your collection and rotate it periodically.
- Added a 4x3 widget.
- You can now set different skins for the the user interface and app widgets.
- Added index headers to the "Folders" tab.
- Added an option to trigger a system re-scan of the SD card.
- Added an option to force the user interface to be displayed in English regardless of your device's language. (Might not work in all devices)
- Changed it so that unplugging the headset will pause the music even if headset controls is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where the music wouldn't automatically pause when receiving incoming calls on certain phones.
- Fixed a bug in the widget where the previous album art would stick if the current track had no album art.
- Fixed a bug with the "Keep screen on" option not working properly.
- Added a new "Bio" tab to Artist screens.
- Added an option to keep the screen on while the "Now Playing" screen is visible.
- The App Widget is now skinnable. Please note that certain skins might not provide layouts for all widget sizes, so not all sizes might be functional depending on the skin you use. The default skin currently supports 1x1, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, and 4x4. The 4x3 widget will come in next update.
- Added overscrolling, a squeeze effect when overscrolling, and a nicer scrolling algorithm to all lists.
- Added menu option from Artist and Album screens to go back to the main library screen.
- Re-fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path (turns out previous version didn't really fix it).
- Added all the translations submitted to the UberMusic translation project. If any of the translations in your language seems wrong, feel free to head over to the
project page and submit better translations (if someone already submitted a better translation, you can help by upranking the best translation).
- Added gestures for switching songs in the "Now Playing" screen. Swipe from right to left to go to the next track, and from left to right to go to the previous track.
- Added an option in the settings to choose and apply a skin. Skins can be installed through the Android market once skin developers start publishing them there. If you would like to make skins for UberMusic, please read
the UberMusic Skin Creation Manual.
- Fixed the Last.fm scrobbling through the official app that got broken in Beta 1
- Fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path.
Note: The user interface is now driven by the new skinning engine. I'll be releasing all the details on how to make skins as soon as I'm finished writing them (will take some time). I think this app has
the most powerful skinning engine on the market right now.
The official/default skin drops the WP7 look, but the skinning engine is flexible enough that it can be made to look exactly like the previous Alpha versions through skins.
If you want the WP7 look back, you'll have to wait until someone releases a skin for it (which I'm sure won't take long once the details on how to make skins are released). The Beta versions
have a different package name than the Alphas, so they can coexist in your device (you can install the Beta without overwriting the Alpha).
Also, I've started a Crowdin.net (collaborative transaltion) project for UberMusic. So if you'd like to see UberMusic translated in your language, feel free to head over to the
project page and submit translations/corrections or vote for the best translations.
- Changed the disable lockscreen option so that it only disables the lockscreen when something is playing. It should also work even if you leave the Now Playing screen, but it's not failproof.
- Changed the layout of the Now Playing screen on LDPI devices so that scrolling isn't necessary.
- Improved the track seeking functionality of the progress indicator. You can now click anywhere on the indicator to seek to that position.
- Fixed the force-close when opening the Recently Added playlist.
- Fixed the trash can appearing on the Album screen.
- Playlists can now be edited through the app. Open a playlist and press Menu > Edit. Use the handles (up/down arrows) to drag/move songs. Drag them to the trash can to remove them from the playlist.
- The widget's Play button should now work even if the queue is empty.
- Added a menu item on the Now Playing screen to go to Settings.
- Added an option to disable the lockscreen while on the Now Playing screen.
- You can now choose to scrobble through the official Last.fm app, through ScrobbleDroid / SLS, or disable it entirely.
- Fixed some problems in the shuffling code that were causing force closes.
- Fixed startup force close that happened on some HTC phones.
- Made the entire widget clickable, so that clicking anywhere (outside the play/pause/next buttons) will open the app.
- Added the ability to delete playlists by long-pressing on a playlist and choosing "Delete".
- Added an option to set the default tab to show when the application is started.
- New option to use a custom status bar instead of the system status bar. Touch it to reveal more info
(battery charge, Wifi status, signal strength, data connection). Swipe it down to open the notifications panel.
Please note that due to limitations in the Android system, it's not possible to show notifications in the custom status bar or customize the notifications panel.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to fail to restore the shuffle setting when restarted.
- Added a 4x1 Widget with album art, song info, and playback controls
- You can now long-press any song/artist/album/playlist/genre to add it to a playlist. You can also create a new playlist by choosing "New" instead of an existing playlist.
- Added a new "Folders" tab that lists any folders that contain music from your library. Clicking on a folder name will open a list of the songs in that folder.
- Added a new option in the Settings screen to choose which tabs to show in the main "Music" screen.
- Added a new option to show/hide album art in the "Now Playing" screen..
- Fixed some out-of-memory FCs related to album artwork and artist backgrounds.
- Fixed a FC when "shuffle all" was pressed before having played any songs.
- Fixed the previous song's album art showing in Now Playing when no artwork is found for the current song.
- Fixed a visual glitch for album art in the Now Playing screen on Honeycomb.
- Enabled vertical scrolling in Now Playing (portrait mode) for low resolution devices devices like HTC Wildfire.
- Modified status bar notification layout to include album art of the currently playing song.
- Added menu item to go back to Library from the Now Playing screen (Menu > Library)
- Added menu item to open the Now Playing screen from any other screen (Menu > Now Playing)
- In the Now Playing screen, clicking on the artist name will take you to that artist's screen. Same with album name.
- Disabled artist background downloading when roaming, and data roaming is disabled on your phone.
- You can now long-press any song/artist/album/playlist/genre to add it to the current play queue.
- Added compatibility for scrobbling with the Last.fm app
- Added a Settings screen (in the main "Music" screen press Menu > Settings)
- Added support for controlling playback with your headset. You can disable this in the settings.
- Added option to download artist backgrounds only when connected to Wi-Fi to avoid data charges.
- Added option to change the UI accents color (default is blue).
- Added a provisional icon to the app.